Avançar para o conteúdo principal

Stage 4 :: working from sketchbooks



Have you ever thought about drawing in this way before?

I never thought of drawing this way, is the kind of thing that would never occur to me because I am (or used to be) so scared of drawing.

Were you able to be inventive about the range of masks you made?

I don't think I was inventive, I limited myself to what was asked and suggested as exercise. I still feel shy regarding drawing.

Did you explore a wide range of media?

As I did on the previous exercises, I did what suggested as exercise with the media suggested and I did not invent a lot. I made my own beewax pastel, that was the most inventive thing I did during these exercises. Otherwise, I used charcoal, graphite, gouache, oil pastel, coloured pencils and burned cork.

Are you pleased with what you've done? Will it help you approach drawing more confidently?

I really enjoyed some of the exercises and it will help me approach drawing more confidently, yes. Although I believe that I will never draw very well. What I learned from these drawing exercises is a different approach to the object. Now when I look  at something I see it in therms of texture and this is important because I pay attention to certain details that I have never seen before.

Which exercise did you most enjoy? Why?

The exercise where I had more expectations was Stage 2 - Exercise 4 and I really had fun while doing it. I was wondering about how the fixative transfer would result although  it didn't come out as I expected. On the other hand I was surprised by the results of combing and rubbing way, it can make some nice effects that I wasn't expecting at all.

Which media did you most enjoy working with? Why?

Pastels, it is so smooth to work with. And it can have some interesting effects. And burned cork, I really liked what it is possible to make with it, is a cool mark maker.

What other forms of mark-making could you try?

I don't know, I am not that at ease to explore it yet.

How will these exercises enrich your textile work in the future?

What I learned from these drawing exercises is a different approach to the object. Now when I look  at something I see it in therms of texture and this is important because I pay attention to certain details that I didn't see before. While I was preparing the exercise, I took pictures of textures, something that I had never did before and this is what made me look differently at objects.

I feel that these exercises - the preparation more than the others because it was the first thing did and it was new and made a strong impression - helped me to become a better photographer. And this will enrich my textile work because I will capture it looking deeper into texture and differently as object.

Mensagens populares deste blogue

Calças de ganga :: bainha original

Marcar as calças na altura desejada e cortá-las na linha de marcação. A seguir deve cortar-se o tecido em excesso na parte da bainha, deixando um centímetro de tecido a mais para se ter espaço suficiente para se coserem ambas as partes das calças - bainha e perna - e fazer uma costura para impedir que o tecido de desfie com o uso. Juntar ambas as partes das calças e prender com alfinetes, prestando particular atenção ao alinhamento perfeito das costuras das bainhas e das pernas das calças.  Coser na máquina, com uma agulha apropriada ao tipo de tecido, o mais perto possível do rebordo da bainha original, conforme a imagem em cima. A bainha, antes de ser passada a ferro, ficará com um aspecto idêntico à que aparece nesta fotografia. Aqui é aconselhável experimentar as calças para verificar se o comprimento é o desejado e se a bainha é suficientemente discreta. Após "abrir" bem a costura e passá-la a ferro, esta fica quase invisível mas é sempre bom verificar caso seja ne

Máquina corta-e-cose e outras

Recentemente, recebi um email com questões sobre a máquina corta-e-cose, respondi por email, fui verificar as estatísticas do blog e reparei que é uma pesquisa que já conduziu algumas pessoas aqui. Por isso, vou tentar explicar por alto as diferenças entre esta máquina, uma máquina de costura e outras máquinas parecidas. Eu tenho uma máquina corta-e-cose desde Janeiro de 2010. Quando ela me foi oferecida, senti que era "máquina demais" para mim, que não só não precisava dela como era também uma espécie de "desperdício" tê-la mas muito depressa mudei de opinião. Comecei por adquirir alguma bibliografia e ler sobre o assunto: Complete Serger Book Sewing with Sergers - The Complete Handbook for Overlock Sewing The Ultimate Serger Answer Guide Depois deitei mãos à obra, fiz imensas coisas e imensas coisas diferentes, testei a máquina a fundo. É uma máquina que serve para várias coisas mas serve principalmente para rematar o tecido para que este não desfie, fazer c

Receita de pasta de dentes

Depois de muitos anos sem dizer nada, estou de volta porque... ontem fiquei chocada com o preço da pasta de dentes. Fui às compras ao supermercado de sempre. Passei no corredor dos dentífricos e, como é um daqueles produtos que me esqueço com frequência, decidi levar. Até ver o preço. Uma bisnaga de Paradontax custa 6,79€. A sério. Este preço activou imediatamente o meu lado rebelde e revolucionário. Decidi, naquele preciso momento, vou fazer o meu próprio dentífrico. Ressuscitar o blogue. Sentir-me ainda mais feliz com a pré-menopausa, porque nem quero imaginar o preço dos pensos higiénicos, que comprei em grande quantidade há vários anos e estão ali para durar, tendo em conta o carácter aleatório da menstruação nos dias que correm. Fui buscar argila branca e óleo essencial de mental à loja biológica local. Hoje estou pronta para fazer a nossa nova pasta de dentes. Ingredientes: 6 cs de óleo de coco virgem 2 cc de bicarbonato de sódio 2 cc de argila branca 20 gotas de um ou mais óleos